Please contact me for a copy of any of these publications.
1. Addison SJ , Farrell T, Roberts GN & Rogers DJ (2007)Roadside surveys support predictions of negligible naturalisation potential for cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) in north-east Australia. Weed Research 47:192 – 201.
2. Ward , AL & Rogers , DJ. (2007) Oviposition response of scarabaeids: does ‘mother knows best’ about rainfall variability and soil moisture? Physiological Entomology 32: 357 - 366.
3. Rogers, D. John, Reid, Robert E., Rogers, Janet J., and Addison, Stewart J. 2007. Prediction of the naturalisation potential and weediness risk of transgenic cotton in Australia. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 119: 177-189.
4. Ward, AL & Rogers, DJ. (2006). Population ecology of Heteronyx piceus (Coleoptera: Scarabaeideae) in a peanut/ maize cropping system. Bulletin of Entomological Research 96: 129-136.
5. Anitha, V, Wightman, J, Rogers, DJ & Ward, A. (2006) Distribution and abundance of white grubs (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) on groundnut in southern India. Crop Protection 25: 732-740.
6. Anitha, V, Wightman, J & Rogers, DJ (2005). Management of white grubs (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) on groundnut in southern India. International Journal of Pest Management 51: 313-320.
7. D.J. Rogers, DJ, Ward, AL, & Wightman, J. (2005). Damage potential of two Scarab species on groundnut. International Journal of Pest Management 51: 305-312.
8. Ward, A., Moore, C.M., Anitha, V., Wightman, J. and Rogers, D.J. (2002). Identification of the sex pheromone of Holotrichia reynaudi. Journal of Chemical Ecology 28: 499 - 506.
9. Ward , A.L. and Rogers , D.J. (2001) Minimising mortality in field and pot experiments using Heteronyx piceus Blanchard (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) eggs and larvae. Australian Journal of Entomology 40: 56 – 60.
10. Milner, R.J., Rogers, D.J., McCrae, C.M., Huppatz, R.J., and Brier, H.B. (1993). Preliminary evaluation of Metarhizium anisopliae for control of peanut scarabs, In S. Corey, D. Dall, W. Milne (Eds) Pest Control and Sustainable Agriculture. CSIRO, Australia. Pp. 253 - 255.
11. Rogers, D.J., Brier, H.B. and Houston, K.J. (1992) Scarabaeidae (Coleoptera) associated with peanuts in southern Queensland. Journal of the Australian Entomological Society 31: 177 - 181.
12. Rogers, D.J. and Brier, H.B. (1992) Application methods for granular insecticides to control Heteronyx piceus Blanchard (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) in peanuts in Queensland. Plant Protection Bulletin 7: 48 - 50.
13. Brier, H.B. and Rogers, D.J. (1991) Susceptibility of soybeans to damage by Nezara viridula and Riptortus serripes during three stages of pod development. Journal of the Australian Entomological Society 30: 123 128.
14. Brier, H.B. and Rogers, D.J. (1991) Leaf feeding resistance to six Australian noctuids in soybean. Crop Protection 10: 320 - 324.
15. Rogers, D.J. and Sullivan, M.J. (1991) Development of Brachymeria ovata [Hymenoptera: Chalcididae] in three noctuid hosts reared on artificial diet and insect resistant and susceptible soybean genotypes. Entomophaga 36: 19 27.
16. Culin, J., Brown, S., Rogers, J., Scarborough, D., Swift, A., Cotterill, B., and Kovach, J. (1990) A simulation model examining boll weevil dispersal: Historical and current situations. Environmental Entomology 19: 195 208.
17. Rogers, D.J. and Sullivan, M.J. (1987) Growth of Geocoris punctipes (Hemiptera: Lygaeidae) on attached and detached leaves of pest resistant soybeans. Journal of Entomological Science 22: 282 285.
18. Rogers, D.J. and Sullivan, M.J. (1987) Development of Palexorista laxa in Heliothis zea larvae fed pest resistant soybean genotypes. Journal of Agricultural Entomology 4: 201 206.
19. Rogers, D.J. and Sullivan, M.J. (1986) Nymphal performance of Geocoris punctipes (Hemiptera: Lygaeidae) on pest resistant soybeans. Environmental Entomology 15: 1032 1036.
20. Rogers, D.J., Teakle, R.E., and Brier, H.B. (1983) Evaluation of Heliothis nuclear polyhedrosis virus for control of Heliothis armigera on navybeans in Queensland, Australia. General and Applied Entomology. 15: 31 34.
21. Rogers, D.J. and Blair, A.D. (1983) Control of banana scab moth Nacoleia octasema (Meyrick) in North Queensland. Queensland Journal of Agricultural and Animal Science 40: 35 38.
22. Rogers, D.J. and Blair, A.D. (1981) An assessment of insect damage to litchi fruit in North Queensland. Queensland Journal of Agricultural and Animal Science 38: 191 194.
23. Storey, R. and Rogers, D.J. (1980) Lepidopterous pests of the litchi in North Queensland. Queensland Journal of Agricultural and Animal Science 37: 207 212.
24. Rogers, D.J. (1979) Host plant resistance to Ophiomyia phaseoli (Tryon) (Diptera: Agromyzidae) in Phaseolus vulgaris. Journal of the Australian. Entomological Society 18: 245 250.
25. Jallow, M.F.A., Zalucki, M.P., and Rogers, J. (1999). Why insects are attracted to cotton: host selection and management of Helicoverpa (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on cotton. Cotton Research & Development Corporation Occasional Paper, 36pp.
26. Robertson, L.N., Allsopp, P.G.A., and Rogers, D.J. (1997) Management of soil insects after 40 years in the wilderness: High technology or working with nature? pp. 1 7 in Allsopp, P.G.A., Rogers, D.J., and Robertson, L.N. (Editors) (1997) Soil Invertebrates in 1997: Proceedings of the Third Brisbane Workshop on Soil Invertebrates. 161 pp.
27. Rogers, D.J., Brennan, P.S., Dodman, R.L., and Hughes, P.J. (1997). Chapter 17: Crop Protection, in Clarke, A., and Wylie, P. Sustainable crop production in the sub-tropics: An Australian perspective. QDPI Publishing. Pp. 258 270.
28. Holdom, D.G., Monsour, C.J., Teakle, R.E., Rogers, D.J., Walton, M.P. (1996) Microbial biopesticides and integrated pest management. Australasian Biotechnology 6: 218 - 221.
29. Brown, R.F., Rogers, D.J., and Pressland, A.J. (1994). Commentary Feature Article: - Create a clear focus: the "big picture" about writing better research articles. American Entomologist 40: 144 -145.
30. Brown, R.F., Pressland, A.J., and Rogers, D.J. (1993). Righting scientific writing: focus on your main message. Rangelands Journal 15: 183 - 189.
31. Wissemann, A., Rogers, J. and Duffield, B. (2003). Changing roles for a State agriculture department: driving forces and organisational responses in the Twenty-First Century. Australian Journal of Public Administration 62(4): 59 69.
32. Holdom, D., Rogers, J. and Bilston, L. (1999) A systems approach to project development, with particular reference to biopesticides for white grub management. Proceedings of the Symposium on Biological Control in the Tropics, Serdang, Malaysia, March 1999, pp.103 107.
33. Foster, J. and Rogers, J. (1998). Cognitive styles and communication: A survey of Australian farmers and researchers. Australian Journal of Psychological Type 7:18 23.
34. Allsopp, P.G.A., Rogers, D.J., and Robertson, L.N. (Editors) (1997) Soil Invertebrates in 1997: Proceedings of the Third Brisbane Workshop on Soil Invertebrates. 161 pp.
35. Waite, G.K., Fay, H.A.C., and Rogers. D.J. (1993) Workshop Report: Fruit-spotting bug in north-east Australia. Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Pest Management, Brisbane Australia, 38pp.
36. Rogers, J. (2002) Organic soybeans in northern Australia - Insect management. Internet resource. http://web.archive.org/web/20020329045520/dpi.qld.gov.au/fieldcrops/7941. Available from The Wayback Machine Internet Archive at http://www.archive.org/ via archived page http://web.archive.org/web/20030114055631/http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fieldcrops/7724.html.
37. ACIAR/ AME Project Team (1999) Why are my groundnut plants dying? An Information Bulletin jointly published jointly by the ACIAR project and AME to improve the farmers awareness of the white grub problem. Published in English, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. 18 pp.
38. Rogers, J. (2006) Compilation of production inputs for Bollgard II/ Roundup Ready Flex Cotton, Sugarcane and Mangoes in the Burdekin Region of North Queensland. Report to Monsanto Australia. 13pp.
39. Rogers, J. (2004) Estimation of crop losses from the white grub Heteronyx piceus on dryland peanuts in the South Burnett region of Queensland, Australia. Report to Peanut Company of Australia and Queensland Department of Primary Industries. 6pp.
40. Rogers, J. (2004) Efficacy of imidacloprid against the white grub Heteronyx piceus in peanuts in the South Burnett region of Queensland. Report to Bayer Crop Science Australia, and the Peanut Company of Australia: 74 pp.
41. Norton, G. Rogers, J. and Munro, A. (2002). Review of the BSES and SRDC Canegrub Research, Development and Extension Sub-program, July 2002. 32pp.
42. Brennan, P., Rogers, J., Godwin, I., Barfield, A., Troedson, R. (2002) SRDC project review panel report: Project BSS237 Identification of cane grub resistant sugarcane lines for commercial evaluation, March 2002. 8 pp.
43. Wissemann, A., Hoey, J. and Rogers, J. (2002) DPI making a difference: the nexus between the success of Queenslands food and fibre industries, the Department of Primary Industries and the long term sustainability of Queenslands rural communities. A policy discussion paper for the Queensland Food and Fibre Sciences Innovation Council. 50pp.