Research Connections and Consulting
The design and implementation of merit-based career progression/ promotion schemes for scientists.
John 's professional background and academic training provide him with the skills and abilities to be involved in the assessment and adjudication of merit-based fellowship and career promotion applications from scientists. The specific aspects of John 's experience and qualifications that enable him to be involved in these schemes are:
- Experience on assessment panels for Queensland ’s Smart State Fellowship scheme and for career progression within Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries .
- Thirty-five years of experience as an international agricultural scientist, with Australian government institutions and as an independent consultant. His career has spanned many aspects of professional practice, including:
- hands-on research in applied agricultural science disciplines,
- an extensive publication record, and
- international project leadership and management.
- Extensive experience related to scientific publication principles and practice as a consequence of having been:
- an international journal editor,
- a developer and trainer for scientific publication workshops, and
- an author of international journal articles on aspects of scientific publication principles and practice.
- Qualifications and accreditations in Psychology. These include:
- a B.Sc. degree in Psychology, (with formal study in organisational psychology, and assessment and evaluation), and
- a series of accreditations as an MBTI trainer.